Tap Dance Classes
Tap was created in the United States. Its musicality and precise footwork is beneficial for students in musical theater. Tap technique includes center technique, rhythm sequences, progressions and choreography focusing on the clarity of movement and sound. As all dance classes, students are placed on ability.
- Jazz & Tap Combo for children 4-5 with 30 minutes of tap and 30 minutes of jazz meets once a week. Designed to focus on improving coordination, listening and motor skills and musical awareness in a creative dance environment.
- Children’s Beginning for ages 6-11 meets for 45 minutes once a week.
- Tap I for ages 9-12 meets for 45 minutes once a week.
- Tap II for ages 10-15 meets for 1 hour once a week.
- Beginning Adult/Teen Tap for ages 14 and up meets for 1 hour once a week.
- Advance Tap by teacher placement meets for 1 hour once a week. Members of the Cleveland City Rhythm Tappers participate in this fast-paced class.