Why choose Cleveland City Dance over others? What makes us unique?
Cleveland City Dance offers a wide variety of classes for children and adults with a strong focus on ballet, the base for many dance forms. Experience the joy and love of dance at our supportive and nurturing community of families! Life lessons at the studio become part of a child’s full educational experience.
The professional teachers and front office staff provide quality education and all are committed to inspire, train, and develop students of all ages and abilities. Teachers have years of experience as professional dancers, accredited teachers in childhood education and choreographers in the community and nationally. Several are returning alumni as well. They are always happy to work with students on an individual basis to help bring out their very best, both in their regular or private classes.
The levels range from beginning to pre-professional with consistent level of training and professional quality instruction.
The environment builds a personal respectful relationship between dancers and teachers. Teachers provide feedback during class, between classes, and via email. The teachers also provide written evaluations at the end of each semester. Conferences are available upon request.
We encourage a compassionate and supportive relationship between dancers in a fun, yet professional atmosphere. Students are encouraged to strive for excellence in all they do at the studio and outside of the studio. High standards are expected for all students at all levels.
Our policies include:
- Limited class size to offer personalized individualized attention.
- Classes are taught by professional dance teachers, including many with degrees in childhood education.
- Student teenagers do not teach classes; however, they may assist a teacher during the lower division classes for ages 3-7 year olds.
- We value the dancer, not the costume, so we do not ask parents to pay expensive costume fees.
- All the classrooms have state of the art sprung floors with Marley. All the classrooms have viewing windows.
- Use our Free parking at our back entrance
- Wait in the lobby and visit with other families
- Get work done or enjoy their e-book with our Free Wi-Fi
- Relax and read a book; including many children’s books available for all the youngsters
- Visit many of the shops and restaurants at Shaker Square and on Larchmere Boulevard all within walking distance
- Enjoy a movie at the Shaker Square Cinemas
- Visit the Saturday morning Farmer’s Market
Location: Historic Shaker Square, easily accessible where the Green & Blue RTA Rapid lines intersect.